Dicromantispa interrupta

Dicromantispa interrupta
Mantisfly

Saturday, November 21, 2009

You know what happens when you don't kill large animals?

While working in the veg garden this morning, I tossed a few beetle larvae and earthworms out into the lawn behind me. The next thing I knew, this red-shouldered hawk was sitting in a sweetgum about 8 ft from me watching the garden ground intently:


As usual, I did not make a second eye contact and ignored it until my camera was loaded for bear, so it relaxed and let me take a few pics. Thank you, Bird.


I really need to get back to the garden, but my sandhill crane was impatient this morning too, so I am of a mind to stand aside while they gorge for winter. There must be something else I can do around the place for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment