Dicromantispa interrupta

Dicromantispa interrupta
Mantisfly

Friday, November 5, 2010

Land Bridge Trail + Santos Bike Trails

The brisk weather this morning sent me back to the Santos area bike trails; specifically, I parked at the Land Bridge Trailhead and biked east and west from there, covering about 15 miles in 2 hours:

It was a relatively easy route over flat terrain with few rocks, roots and fallen logs to deal with, so I was able to lean into the pedals and burn quads pretty much the whole way. Park managers have created separate trails for bikers, hikers and horse riders, which is great. Notably, there were more horse riders out this morning than the three of us bikers and one solo hiker. Tomorrow, I’ll be back to hike with a bunch of Meetup.com people, and afterward bike with a few of them. I’ll include some pics of the trail environment when I post tomorrow’s adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment